Saturday, June 8th and Sunday, June 9th, 2019
The 6th annual Freedom Cup Invitational Soccer Tournament is a great way for teams to wrap up the Spring season and welcome Summer. Teams from across the northeast will be sending players to Freehold to take part in this weekend of competitive soccer. Located just minutes from the beautiful Jersey Shore, this weekend will provide teams not only competitive soccer but the release they need after a hard day on the pitch.
This GotSoccer points-awarded tournament is sanctioned by US Club Soccer, the USYSA and is played under the jurisdiction of NJYSA. Teams will compete for a chance to vie for the right to hoist the Freedom Cup. Over 100 teams participated in the 2018 tournament.
All registrations must be received by Sunday, May 19, 2019 however, Freehold Soccer League (FSL) reserves the right to close any division as it becomes full. This is an invitational tournament and we will accept teams based upon divisional needs.
- All teams will play a minimum of 3 games with the chance to play in a final
- A 1-man referee system will be used for U8 through U10 for all qualifying games and a 3-man referee system will be used for championship games
- A 3-man referee system will be used for U11 through U15 for all games
- All 16 fields spread across 3 venues offer pristine natural grass fields
- Preferential scheduling for coaches of multiple teams
- Food and merchandise vendors located at each site with plenty of room for teams to setup tents and enjoy time between games
- Complimentary parking
- A champion's cup awarded to each team that finishes in first place
- Trophies awarded to first and second place team players in all age divisions
- Every player participating in the tournament receives a tournament giveaway
- Games will be played at site locations in Freehold both days (all teams)
- Credit card is the only accepted payment method for the tournament and no payments will be accepted at the tournament. Fees are as follows:
- $445 U8 (2011), U9 (2010), U10 (2009)
- $545 U11 (2008), U12 (2007)
- $645 U13 (2006), U14 (2005), U15 (2004)
- Teams which have participated in the 2018 Frightfest Tournament will receive a $100.00 registration fee discount upon acceptance.
- For clubs registering 5 or more teams, each team will receive a $25.00 registration fee discount upon acceptance. Please note that this discount cannot be combined with the Frightfest discount.
- Games are as follows:
- U8 (2011), U9 (2010) and U10 (2009) - (7v7) short sided
- U11 (2008) and U12 (2007) - (9v9) short sided
- U13 (2006), U14 (2005) and U15 (2004) - (11v11) full sided
Teams will check-in electronically through GotSoccer from Monday, May 20, 2019 through Sunday, June 2, 2019 to submit their required tournament paperwork.
Any tournament related questions should be directed to Rob Marino, Tournament Director at firstname.lastname@example.org