As many know, NJ Youth Soccer has suspended all affiliated and sanctioned soccer activities statewide due to the evolving COVID-19 situation. They are scheduled to provide an update prior to April 1st. At this time, the Freedom Cup Invitational Tournament will remain scheduled for May 1st - 3rd. Freehold Soccer League is committed to the health and safety of all coaches, participants and families. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary.
Due to the uncertainty, teams will not be charged any registration fees until after April 19th if we determine the tournament will proceed as scheduled.
The 7th annual Freedom Cup Invitational Soccer Tournament is a great way for teams to wrap up the Spring season and welcome Summer. Teams from across the northeast will be sending players to Freehold to take part in this weekend of competitive soccer. Located just minutes from the beautiful Jersey Shore, this weekend will provide teams not only competitive soccer but the release they need after a hard day on the pitch.
This GotSoccer points-awarded tournament is sanctioned by US Club Soccer, the USYSA and is played under the jurisdiction of NJYSA. Teams will compete for a chance to vie for the right to hoist the Freedom Cup.
All registrations must be received by Sunday, April 19, 2020 however, Freehold Soccer League (FSL) reserves the right to close any division as it becomes full. This is an invitational tournament and we will accept teams based upon divisional needs.
· All teams will play a minimum of 3 games with the chance to play in a final
· Games will be played at site locations in Freehold on Friday (only local teams if necessary), Saturday and Sunday (all teams)
· A 1-man referee system will be used for U8 through U10 for all qualifying games and a 3-man referee system will be used for championship games
· A 3-man referee system will be used for U11 through U15 for all games
· All 16 fields spread across 3 venues offer pristine natural grass fields
· Preferential scheduling for coaches of multiple teams
· Food and merchandise vendors located at each site with plenty of room for teams to setup tents and enjoy time between games
· Complimentary parking
· A champions cup awarded to each team that finishes in first place
· Trophies awarded to first and second place team players in all age divisions
· Every player participating in the tournament receives a tournament giveaway
· Credit card is the only accepted payment method for the tournament and no payments will be accepted at the tournament. Fees are as follows:
o $445 U8 (2012), U9 (2011), U10 (2010)
o $545 U11 (2009), U12 (2008)
o $645 U13 (2007), U14 (2006), U15 (2005)
· Teams which have participated in the 2019 Frightfest Tournament will receive a $100.00 registration fee discount upon acceptance.
· For clubs sending 5 or more teams, each team will receive a $25.00 registration fee discount upon acceptance. Please note that this discount cannot be combined with the Frightfest discount.
· Games are as follows:
o U8 (2012), U9 (2011) and U10 (2010) will play (7v7) short sided
o U11 (2009) and U12 (2008) will play (9v9) short sided
o U13 (2007), U14 (2006) and U15 (2005) will play (11v11) full sided
· Teams will check-in electronically through GotSoccer through Sunday, April 26, 2020 to submit their required tournament paperwork.
Any tournament related questions should be directed to Bryan Reiser, Tournament Director at email@example.com