THE TOURNAMENT APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW OPEN
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Freehold Soccer League is excited to announce it is accepting applications to the 19th Annual Frightfest Invitational Soccer Tournament.
The tournament will be held on Saturday, October 14, 2017 with a rain date of Saturday, October 21, 2017.
This special one day event will provide coaches, players and families with a soccer experience that will long be remembered. The Halloween theme will be carried throughout all aspects of the tournament and Freehold Soccer League strongly encourages all that are participating to get into the "spirit of the event.” The tournament is open to U-8 through U-12 travel teams and all games will be played at various sites within Freehold.
The deadline for all applications is October 1, 2017, however, Freehold Soccer League (FSL) reserves the right to close any division as it becomes full. This is an invitational tournament and we will accept teams based on divisional needs. Teams will be notified of their acceptance via email by October 1, 2017.
THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE RUN THROUGH GOTSOCCER HOWEVER NO SCORES OR STANDINGS WILL BE KEPT AND NO GOTSOCCER POINTS WILL BE AWARDED.
On-line registration, check-in and electronic payment is used for the tournament. Credit card and e-check are the only accepted methods of payment. No payments will be accepted at the tournament. If your team is not accepted for any reason, you will receive a full refund. If you are accepted and decide to drop out, you will forfeit your application fee.
AGAIN, THERE ARE NO SCORES OR STANDINGS KEPT AT THIS TOURNAMENT so please keep that in mind to help make this event a wonderful experience for the players and their families.
Any questions should be directed to Rob Marino, Tournament Director at email@example.com
ACT QUICKLY BECAUSE SPACE IS LIMITED AND THIS TOURNAMENT SELLS OUT EVERY YEAR!!
- Tournament Date:
- Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Rain date: Saturday, October 21, 2017
- Age Groups:
- Boys and Girls Travel Teams U-8 thru U-12
- This tournament is for club and tournament teams and NO state or league select teams will be accepted
- Each team will play 2 games on Saturday
- All games will be 55 minutes in length (2 - 25 minute halves and a 5 minute halftime)
- There will be no recording of scores or standings
- Game Format:
- U8, U9, U10 - All games will be played 7 v 7 short-sided format
- U11, U12 - All games will be played 9 v 9 short-sided format
- Levels of play:
- Roster Size:
- Maximum roster for U8, U9 and U10 teams is fourteen (14) players (including three (3) guest players)
- Maximum roster for U11 and U12 teams is sixteen (16) players (including three (3) guest players)
- Players may only participate on one team during the tournament
- This tournament is sanctioned by both US Club Soccer and the USYSA
- Played under the jurisdiction of NJYSA
- USYS state rosters, player passes, and medical release forms are required for all teams
- Permission to travel form is required for teams outside of New Jersey
- A 1-man state licensed referee will be used for each game in all divisions
- $295 for all divisions
- If the tournament is cancelled for any reason before the start of the tournament, teams will be refunded 70% of their entry fee
- The reasons include, but are not limited to severe weather, field usage, or a FSL organization management decision
- Each team will receive one (1) tournament soccer ball and (1) tournament bag
- Awards will be given out to teams with the best costumes and best team pumpkin at each location
- Costumes are not to be worn during the games if they interfere or can cause harm to the player or other players
- All costumes must contain a visible player number
- Each tournament participant will receive a tournament patch
- FSL strongly encourages the exchange of club patches between competing teams at the end of each game