Frequently Asked Questions About Our Recreation Program
How do I become a volunteer coach?
- Complete the portion on the registration form that asks what position you would like to volunteer for: Coach, Assistant Coach, Referee, Groundskeeper
- Indicate what coaching certification you may already possess (FSL can assist any volunteer with gaining the appropriate certifications)
- Complete a backround check and fingerprinting with the appropriate agency (Sagem Morpho)
The FSL depends on volunteers stepping forward to share their time and talents with our children. Please consider becoming a volunteer in our organization..
What equipment will my child need to play soccer?
- Cleats are not required, but all players must wear shin guards in order to participate
- Safety goggles must be worn by any player required to wear corrective lenses
- Parents will need to purchase a uniform kit from GotSoccer
- Soccer balls are provided by FSL to all pre-K and Kindergarten players. All other grades supply their own soccer balls
When are games played?
- Games are scheduled to be played on Saturday mornings, beginning in September and continuing into the middle of November, concluding before Thanksgiving.
What are the game times?
- Game times cannot be established until after registration is complete
- Generally, games will be scheduled between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm
When will I be contacted by the coach?
- Parents that have volunteered to coach in our recreation program will meet during the month of August
- Coaches should contact you by the last week of August with details about the upcoming season
- Check the FSL website: www.freeholdsoccer.com regularly for additional information regarding the season
When, and where, will practices be held?
- Practice times and locations are at the discretion of each individual coach.
- FSL cannot accommodate requests by parents for specific practice days and times
Can I request that my son be placed with a specific team or coach?
- FSL is unable to accommodate specific requests for team/coach assignments
- Consideration is given to place children on teams based upon their school, as well as experience in the game
- FSL makes every effort to create teams that are equal in roster size, as well as distribute experienced players throughout each age division
Where are games played?
· All games take place at Michael J. Tighe Park, Jackson Mills Road Soccer Complex, located on Jackson Mills Road and Opatut Park, East Freehold Road.